Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 9 & 10

St Paul Skyline
Monday- I am really happy with my workout on Monday. I pushed myself during my running intervals and even though I did get really tired toward the end, I was proud of myself.  I was especially proud of myself because as I was getting out of my car to walk into the Y I twisted my ankle stepping in a hole in the pavement.  I promptly sat back down in my car and decided that I couldn't run on a hurt ankle, could I.  As I drove around the block and the initial shock of the injury faded, I parked my car and decided that I was alright to run and would be thoroughly disappointed if I didn't get my run in. Yay me!

Tuesday- This was a really disappointing day. I was completely unmotivated to even think about taking a walk.  I drove around hoping inspiration would hit me and I would be excited to workout, but alas that did not happen.  I eventually settled on walking along Rasperry Island along the river in Saint Paul.  So far my walks have not been as pleasant as I anticipated them to be, and my calves burned more during my walk then they did on Monday during my run. I depserately need new shoes! On the up side, the scenery was beatufil and the sunset over the city did help make the walk worth it.


Harriet Island Bandshell

No comments:

Post a Comment