Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 8- Week Two: Can you believe it?!

Week Two! 

To catch you up:  Thursday was a choir day, which I totally forgot until I was already at work and so I did not get my run in early.  I also talked myself out of getting the run in after choir, it was just too late (a whopping 8:30pm).  I'm a little disappointed in myself for that, but I have to let it go.  On Friday I was so proud of myself. I woke up early and got my run in before work! This is quite an accomplishment for me since I still don't really love running and mornings are not my favorite time of the day.  I have to admit though, I didn't really push myself during this run.  I am going to have to work on challenging myself to work through the pain and get past to the next level (something to work on during week 2).  Saturday was my official off day, so I took it. (I know I didn't run on Thursday... but it happens).  Sunday was a great workout.  I set goals and pushed myself to keep an even pace. I was able to jog more than I had earlier in the week.  I still need to work on my legs. They are totally my weakness right now. My calves start to burn like they are on fire after just a little jogging.  Hopefully, as I get stronger that will not be as much of an issue.  I am also looking into getting running shoes sometime next week.

My fundraising is going well. I've had two donations so far already, and one for $100! (Thanks MaryJo) I'm not too concerned right now with the fundraising since it's just the beginning of the second week. I know that when my family and friends see how committed to this race I am the money will come pouring in, right?!

Tonight's workout is a 25 minute run 2 /walk 1. I got this!

Overview of this week's workout:

Monday- 25 min Run 2/ Walk 1
Tuesday- 30 min Easy Walk
Wednesday- 25 min Run 2/ Walk 1
Thursday- 30 min Easy Walk
Friday- 25 min Run 2/ Walk 1
Saturday- 35 min Run 2/ Walk 1
Sunday- EASTER DINNER! (Rest day)

No comments:

Post a Comment